The following outlines the StorkBrands policy for dealing with returns and refunds.
Types of Returns
An order may be cancelled subject to the following:
- Orders may be cancelled free of charge before the order has been dispatched
- For goods that are personalised or made to specification, the order may be cancelled before the production of such goods has started.
- Any cancelled orders will be refunded in accordance with the refund policy contained herein
Goods can be returned for any reason subject to the following conditions:
- Cool-off Returns initiated within 7 days of receipts of order: StorkBrands will arrange collection at StorkBrands’ expense.
- Those initiated between 7-30 days of receipt of order: It is the Users responsibility to arrange return of the goods to StorkBrands . Alternatively, delivery can be arranged by StorkBrands at the Users expense.
- No Cool-off returns will be accepted after 30 days of receipt of goods
PLEASE NOTE that we do not accept cool-off returns of any products of which the seal has been opened and where packaging has been removed, opened or tampered with.
Goods can be returned to StorkBrands as a result of defect or inferior quality subject to the following conditions:
- Defective product returns will only be accepted up to 6 months from receipt of goods, unless the goods are covered by an extended warranty.
- Defective product returns will be collected by StorkBrands at StrokBrands’ expense if returned within the first 6 months of receipt of goods.
- Upon receipt of goods StorkBrands, or its Supplier will inspect the product in order to verify the product as defective. Such inspection shall be considered final and will not be subject to review.
- StorkBrands reserves the right to Repair, Replace or Refund any goods returned and verified as defective
- Any Repair or Replacement will be effected within 21 days of receipt of the damaged goods. Failure to do so will entitle the User to a full refund on request.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- Damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- Damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- Damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on StorkBrands and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you;
Goods can be returned to StorkBrands as a result of fulfillment errors subject to the following conditions:
- Fulfillment Error returns as a result of: goods delivered damaged, incorrect goods delivered, or goods delivered with missing items or parts
- Any Fulfillment Errors must be reported to StorkBrands within 7 days of receipt of goods. Returns initiated after 7 days will not be accepted.
- Goods delivered damaged or incorrect will be collected at StorkBrands and replaced at StorkBrands’ expense or refunded if replacement goods are not available.
- Missing goods will be replaced at StorkBrands’ expense or refunded if replacement goods are not available (as an example if goods are out of stock)
The following products are excluded from the returns policies and will not be accepted under any circumstance:
- A product which has been manufactured to your specifications or personalised for you;
- Any goods that have been modified by the User in any way
Preparing your products for return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products:
- Package your products carefully and securely in a box to protect the product and it's packaging during transit
- Clearly mark your invoice number on the outside of the parcel; and
- Include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
NB! Your refund/replacement options will be subject to additional fees or declined altogether if the product and any branded product packaging is returned in a poor or unsellable condition.
Refunds can take the form of either an in-store Credit or a Refund
- In-store credits may take the form of either a credit assigned to the user and accessible through their online profile or a Voucher to the value of returned goods in lieu of a Cash Refund
- In-store Credits are valid for one year from Issue and may be exchanged for a Cash Refund at any time during that year.
- In-store Credits may be used as part or full payment for goods on www.rubymelon.com
- If an in-store credit taking the form of a voucher has been partially used, a new voucher for the balance may be issued on request
- In-store Credits may not be transferred to another user.
- All refunds are made within 14 days of return or cancellation being finalised.
- Refunds via Payfast can take up to 7-10 working days to reflect.
- Refunds via Bank Transfer can take up to 3-4 working days to reflect.
- Refunds will be refunded to the method of payment originally used (e.g. if a card was used to pay for the original order, a refund will be made directly to the purchasing card).
Fees and Charges
- A refund may be subject to deductions as laid in the returns policy above.
- No charges or administrative fees will be deducted from any refunds issues as a result of defective returns.
Refunds of Gift Vouchers
- Gift Vouchers will be refunded only to the original purchaser of the voucher.
- Gift Vouchers that have been used cannot be refunded.
- Gift Vouchers can only be refunded while they are valid. Expired gift vouchers will not be refunded.
- Although seldom charged, StorkBrands reserves the right to charge a 10% administration fee for returned orders should the returns process incur significant administration expenses at no fault of StorkBrands.
- If Return Goods do not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse StorkBrands for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
- No goods may be returned by the User without prior approval and arrangement with StorkBrands via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where goods are to be returned at the User’s own expense, the User may elect to deliver the goods either directly to the StorkBrands warehouse in person or through the use of a suitable courier company. Alternatively, the User may request StorkBrands to collect such goods from the User at the User’s cost.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all goods to be collected from the User will be collected from the address to which the goods were originally delivered.
- Where Marketing or Promotional coupons have been used for the original order, refunds will be made pro-rata to the discounts received.